How to be a Guitar Hero How to be a Guitar Hero

Genuinely funny and entertaining

I'm glad most people reviewing you seem to understand that you were just goofing around, and that this wasn't some kind of showcase of your guitar hero skills. Good for you for making a parody of this game, even though people tend to be really opinionated and douchebaggy about it for some reason.

Really funny stuff!

Aladdin 3150 Aladdin 3150

One of the best flashes I've ever seen -

That about says it..

You actually had decent character development in.. what, a 7 minute long flash? The foreshadowing you had by showing his tail in the beginning was very clever - it's attention to details like those that make this a good story. And you are an excellent storyteller.

You Make Me You Make Me

Wow!

This was fantastic! You really know how to keep a music video interesting and amusing - the solo business where he ran around playing random objects was my favorite. You rock.

Covetous Covetous

Attn: Everyone

I really wish the site's administration would follow up on its promise to delete the accounts of zero-voters who offer no constructive criticism.

I'm going to offer an attempt to help people understand a few things about games like this in general, i.e. games as a medium for art: it is IDIOTIC to play something like this and low-score it for a reason such as "the graphics weren't good."

By that world-view, no game without good graphics can possibly be any good, right? And the better the graphics are, the better the game? That world-view is everything that is wrong with gaming right now.
I'm pretty sure he KNOWS the graphics aren't good, and for all I know, he may have chosen an 8-bit rendering out of utter laziness, who cares? The bad graphics weren't RELEVENT. They gave the scene a certain style that WASN'T MEANT to be realistic. Not everything has to be fucking Modern Warfare.

Yes, story is only one element of a good game. Maybe some of you disagreed, disliked, or genuinely failed to understand the message here. But did you really not notice that the music and graphics are intentionally bad, and that it's done that way to lend an uneasy feeling to the experience of the game? Did you really not notice that running around with a pixel, collecting other stationary pixels, is not meant to be a thrilling gameplay experience? It's meant to tell a brief story from a unique perspective. It's storytelling - it's a crude form of art. That's all. I'm not shitting my pants over how great it is either.

And I realize this is a gaming website, and that you're judging an interactive flash that did not even attempt to provide interesting gameplay. If your position is that art games don't belong on newgrounds, then I respect that.
But art games ARE a part of newgrounds, and there is an entire front page collection devoted to them. Please try to be a human being. Judge these pieces from a perspective that is relevant. Did he do a good job sending a message with his story? Did he make you react a specific way emotionally? Those are probably more relevant questions here than "HOW GUD WERE GRAFX?" or "I CAN HAS ROCKET LAUNCHR?"

For me, this game raised questions about one's right to live, and it creeped me the hell out, as would a cheap horror flick. I enjoyed it. If you were looking for a gameplay experience, go play Halo 3.

SC Guitar Maniac Dx 2 SC Guitar Maniac Dx 2

Holy crap!

What an amazingly awesome game! I played this until my fingers were sore. Pro mode with all silver or better, and all the guitars!
This is going into my favorites right now. I loved it, and it wasn't glitchy for me at all. Simple concept, but challenging and rewarding. Loved it.

If you play the faster levels for a while and then stare at a blank surface (like a wall), you get the optical illusion that the wall is all wavy. Yeah, I'm done playing now.

Lars' Adventure Lars' Adventure

The atomic bomb

It can burn whole buildings!

Sebby64 - Ethnic Chill Sebby64 - Ethnic Chill

Chill!

This had me bobbing my head - very cool instrumentation, and I thought the square leads were used very tastefully. Definitely my favorite part was the bent-note breakdown around 2:14.. that was pretty funky.

Total jam - I'll be throwing this one on my ipod for sure!

Mr. Holmes Mr. Holmes

Been a while

Loved this groove, Cheese. The breakdown around 1:05 was well done and the reapeating keys were tasteful and kept it interesting.

An all-around good listen!

Cheez-R-Us responds:

thanks again!

Zelda Memories Zelda Memories

Great instrumentation

The piece was very well-arranged, and the instruments sound fantastic! Can you tell me what program you're using?