Sebby64 - Ethnic Chill Sebby64 - Ethnic Chill

Chill!

This had me bobbing my head - very cool instrumentation, and I thought the square leads were used very tastefully. Definitely my favorite part was the bent-note breakdown around 2:14.. that was pretty funky.

Total jam - I'll be throwing this one on my ipod for sure!

Mr. Holmes Mr. Holmes

Been a while

Loved this groove, Cheese. The breakdown around 1:05 was well done and the reapeating keys were tasteful and kept it interesting.

An all-around good listen!

Cheez-R-Us responds:

thanks again!

Zelda Memories Zelda Memories

Great instrumentation

The piece was very well-arranged, and the instruments sound fantastic! Can you tell me what program you're using?

Average Terminal Average Terminal

Blown away

Wow.. loved the lyrics, and the tune was well-played and catchy - you really get pop music. The harmonies in the chorus were masterfully done, the bridge was seamless and tasteful. The instrumentation didn't hog the spotlight over the vocals. The chorus will be going through my head all day! 10/10.

Ginchy responds:

Glad you liked it. It's cool that you picked up on the all pop music song-smithing elements. This song was my attempt at making as good a pop song as I possibly could. Driving beat, good melody, simple but catchy lyrics, lots of harmony featuring vocals over instrumentation. You should hear the demo of this song... completely different. It was in 6/8 and sounded like a hillbilly folk song.

We're pretty happy with how it turned out.

Sebby64 - Beware of the Bass Sebby64 - Beware of the Bass

Wow

I was just passing through your stuff when I came across this. Great use of instrumentation! You really had good sound control here, and the beat was straight-up newgrounds techno bluesy. Loved it!

Dire Love (S. Mario 64) Dire Love (S. Mario 64)

Fantastic

Hey, if you arranged and played this yourself, bravo!

It's a very well-written song to begin with, and the pads in the background were very tasteful. Well-played, well-arranged and a great choice of song and instrumentation.

I thought it was excellent - no criticisms! Keep doing your thing, man.

Jared's Final Fantasy Pre Jared's Final Fantasy Pre

Relaxing

It reminded me of original FF stuff. Thanks for sharing this, and keep it up!

watermusic34 responds:

I'll try! Thanks!

Sebby64 - Guitar Symphony Sebby64 - Guitar Symphony

This is a jam.

Well, while I have to agree with some of the other reviewers that the mix isn't exactly perfect, in the case of this piece that's not really what I care about.

The instruments were well chosen and the chord pattern was funky. I can honestly say that I wish I'd written and arranged this! The guitar had a great sound - you really pulled this song off well. Awesome job!

Sebby64 responds:

Hey, thanks!

Sambal Ulek Sambal Ulek

Spicy, yes!

I'm not a big rap fan, but rap vocals were the first thing that came to mind for me. I hope you take that for a compliment (it is)!
Glorious track, but I see more possibilities with it too. Some hollow body ES350-sounding guitar hitting pentatonics over the top would sound great. It would be a Santana kind of sound.

The horns were brilliant! Would you mind sharing how you got that sound? It was absolutely McCartney.

The Wires The Wires

Hey guy,

I don't know if I've said this before, but you bring me back to my Stevie Wonder R&B days.

Smoove like butta.