Covetous Covetous

Attn: Everyone

I really wish the site's administration would follow up on its promise to delete the accounts of zero-voters who offer no constructive criticism.

I'm going to offer an attempt to help people understand a few things about games like this in general, i.e. games as a medium for art: it is IDIOTIC to play something like this and low-score it for a reason such as "the graphics weren't good."

By that world-view, no game without good graphics can possibly be any good, right? And the better the graphics are, the better the game? That world-view is everything that is wrong with gaming right now.
I'm pretty sure he KNOWS the graphics aren't good, and for all I know, he may have chosen an 8-bit rendering out of utter laziness, who cares? The bad graphics weren't RELEVENT. They gave the scene a certain style that WASN'T MEANT to be realistic. Not everything has to be fucking Modern Warfare.

Yes, story is only one element of a good game. Maybe some of you disagreed, disliked, or genuinely failed to understand the message here. But did you really not notice that the music and graphics are intentionally bad, and that it's done that way to lend an uneasy feeling to the experience of the game? Did you really not notice that running around with a pixel, collecting other stationary pixels, is not meant to be a thrilling gameplay experience? It's meant to tell a brief story from a unique perspective. It's storytelling - it's a crude form of art. That's all. I'm not shitting my pants over how great it is either.

And I realize this is a gaming website, and that you're judging an interactive flash that did not even attempt to provide interesting gameplay. If your position is that art games don't belong on newgrounds, then I respect that.
But art games ARE a part of newgrounds, and there is an entire front page collection devoted to them. Please try to be a human being. Judge these pieces from a perspective that is relevant. Did he do a good job sending a message with his story? Did he make you react a specific way emotionally? Those are probably more relevant questions here than "HOW GUD WERE GRAFX?" or "I CAN HAS ROCKET LAUNCHR?"

For me, this game raised questions about one's right to live, and it creeped me the hell out, as would a cheap horror flick. I enjoyed it. If you were looking for a gameplay experience, go play Halo 3.

SC Guitar Maniac Dx 2 SC Guitar Maniac Dx 2

Holy crap!

What an amazingly awesome game! I played this until my fingers were sore. Pro mode with all silver or better, and all the guitars!
This is going into my favorites right now. I loved it, and it wasn't glitchy for me at all. Simple concept, but challenging and rewarding. Loved it.

If you play the faster levels for a while and then stare at a blank surface (like a wall), you get the optical illusion that the wall is all wavy. Yeah, I'm done playing now.

Lars' Adventure Lars' Adventure

The atomic bomb

It can burn whole buildings!

-PURSUIT- -PURSUIT-

"I have no use for this blowtorch..."

That part was friggin' hilarious, man. I don't know if it was on purpose or not, but I nearly pissed myself.

This was a fine game - you didn't skimp on the drama, either. ;-)

Positives: This game was very well put-together in the sense that it had a specific beginning, middle and end (although a cliffhanger) that gave you a sense of satisfaction about it. I like sleuthy King's Quest kind of games, and I really enjoyed 'Trapped.'

But please try to be a little more subtle and clever in the sequel, eh? I mean, the convenient screwdriver in the car I could have lived with. Even the fact that she was somehow locked .. inside.. a car, I could live with. But the blowtorch thing just kind of ruined the 'resourceful heroine detective' thing for me. Also, I had my heart set on using that banana in someone's tailpipe rather than ... the less-than-intuitive way I used it.

****

*VERY IMMENENT SPOILER*

****

When you killed off the boyfriend, I don't know if this was done just for the hell of it or if it was meant as a serious event in the plot, but there was barely any character development with him before he died. I for one didn't really care, ya know?

Of course, it should definitely be said that all of this is just nit-picking, and that the positives far outweigh the negatives in this game. I tend to talk so much about the few things I would have done differently that it makes it sound like I didn't enjoy the game, which I did. So I say great job, and keep up the good work, mate.

Godlimations responds:

=D thanks! YES!! I fully know what you mean!! =D Mickey's character did not build up well enough, I am creating a prequel to Trapped so keep steady for it =D

thanks for reviewing!

Chaos Faction Chaos Faction

Blown away

Fantastic game.

Color Commander Color Commander

Liked the game

A big buggy, though. Couldn't get the scroll-up buttons to work in the later levels, and you can't hotkey health and power upgrades. Other than that, I thought it was very clever.

Super Smash Flash Super Smash Flash

Holy...

SHIT. Absolutely INCREDIBLE. I am speechless. The work that must have gone into this is amazing. Kick-ass game, man.

Chompy The Great Chompy The Great

rhjerk

I agree with what sonicfreak122 said. Good game, still.

Gamma Bros Gamma Bros

Fuckin' YES

Not sure how the black guy and the white guy are brothers, but excellent job.

pixeljamgames responds:

we'll probably get into that in a later gamma bros game. something about a gamma mother. perhaps she is the gamma mo.

Super Mario Sunshine 64 Super Mario Sunshine 64